Happy March! While Spring doesn’t officially start this year until March 20th, it can be nice to know now that we are only days away from warmer weather and longer days.
This week I would like to focus on relapse and what we can do to prevent one. Relapse is very common but if you can absolutely prevent one by recognizing the early triggers and you must be committed to do something about it.
Here are some internal signs that you might be thinking about a relapse:
- Not being able to think clearly (brain fog, sleepiness, etc.)
- Not being able to manage your emotions
- Difficulty remembering things
- Buckling too easily under pressure or stress
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- Feeling especially clumsy
- Feeling guilty
If you are experiencing any of these signs you may be headed for a relapse. The good news is, is that you can prevent this. Start today by making a list of things you can do to get past these feelings. How can you distract yourself or work through them?